From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:57:37 -0500
I am in the same boat as Bill except that I am not global.  My company
deals with the Department of Labor (Retirement Services), SEC, FINRA
as well as 50 state insurance departments along with DC among others.
Each of these entities have their own separate rules and regulations
(many quite extensive) for what what we have to keep, for how long,
(and in the case of 17 CFR 240-17a3 and 17a4) the method for
maintaining the records.  Compliance is extremely important for us and
RIM is key component.  My senior executives understand the need and
support the program.

That may not be the case for others.  But for those of us in the
finance and insurance industries compliance is essential to continue
to operate.  And everything I come across indicates the compliance
environment is going to get tougher..

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]