Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2016 20:08:43 -0600
After the San Bruno explosion more than five years ago, pipeline incidents
in Carmel, Castro Valley, Milpitas, Morgan Hill and Mountain View, indicate
that PG&E still has a long way to go in making sure it knows exactly what
it has in the ground.  But PG&E says that is quite the task; they need to
convert 12 million paper reports, some many decades old, into useable
materials for those who monitor and repair the pipeline system

“12 million paper records; they need to be scanned, the need to be checked,
they need to be saved and this is a lot of work that we are going to finish
and we're going to finish correctly,” said PG&E spokesman Donald Cutler.

In addition to this process, PG&E says it's integrating its information
into sophisticated digital geographic mapping, and network-enabled
computers for all service personnel and other emerging technologies.

http://bit.ly/1RAITBr
http://bit.ly/1RAITBr+

--
Peterk