From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:55:30 -0500
Charlene,

Keep in mind that when property is purchased and sold the deed from
the transaction is filed with the County Clerk, County Recorder,
Register of deeds or similar local government office.  For all intents
and purposes the deed filed with the Clerk's office becomes the
"official" record.  When I was the RM manager for El Paso County, TX
some years back title companies would review my land records
(including deeds) before they would issue title insurance.  I believe
most, if not all, states require the deed to be notarized before it is
filed.

I guess you could make a case that the deeds have historical value
since they could be an original.  But if someone needed a copy they
could get one at the Clerk's Office.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]