From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:27:19 -0500
If you read the article what Sony's real motive is selling hardware
period.  I suspect the 100 year guarantee is a gimmick.  Very few
companies, especially those that are technology driven, make it to
100.  My current employer just celebrated its 110 anniversary.  These
are few and far between.

Gary, to your last point - no one has an answer and I suspect won't,
in our lifetime anyway.  Most IT departments focus on the here and now
and maybe.  If they have time, maybe five years down the road.

Just look at NARA's ERA project which was suppose to be the end all be
all - the archival holy grail so to speak.  But changes in scope, poor
project management and escalating costs put a kibosh on the project's
long term promised goals.  Even if their proposed solution would have
been fully implemented I still doubt ERA would have worked as planned.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco