From:
"Petersen, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:31:48 +0000
Happy Monday,

I'm starting a project to re-energize the RM program at a Financial Services company and the first order of business to change the culture of the program being thought of as Records Management.  Also the stereotype of being just those paper records people.  Change management initiatives have been ongoing in different area's for the last few years and I sense a change fatigue attitude in both the organization and employee's.

I know all the current buzzwords for titling/focusing the program under RIM, IG and IM and understand that they all contain the word Information.  I also know that we should be pushing the management of ALL information versus just those considered records.  In trying to decide how we should name the program moving forward and carry the torch of that title I have some concerns with each title. I think each type of title has some focus that will cause the overall scope of the program to be narrowed or pigeonholed.

I'm asking the group for some input on what they think the best title/focus for the program  should be and some high level reasoning for your input.

Thanks in advance

Steve Petersen
I & R -- Records Management
319-355-5837