From:
Alex Acevedo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2016 11:43:07 -0400
"Protecting Our Data! RIM and IT Working Together"

Presented by David Wessel and Sue Lord

Protecting Electronic Records and Data has created a task that is new to many companies
and agencies. The explosion of electronic records/data, federal law, regulations, cloud
computing, and court decisions have blurred the lines between professional records
practitioners and information technology professionals. Each camp must work together in
this new space in many ways, but protection of our data – especially in our very mobile
environment – is absolutely vital.

A key element for any successful electronic records protection plan is a strong
partnership between Records Management and IT. In this presentation, David Wessel and
Sue Lord will talk about how to develop a strong and winning alliance.

About the Speakers:
David A. Wessel is a Network Engineer for TrueBlue, Inc. David has over 16 years of
professional experience in network design, implementation, and administration. He has
designed and implemented over 10 co-location data centers for various companies. He
has worked with application engineering groups and vendor representatives to design high
availability network environments requiring load balancing, firewalls, and switched
infrastructure. In addition, he has designed and implemented enterprise wireless
infrastructure using various Cisco equipment.

Susan M. Lord is the Records and Information Manager for the law firm of Vandeberg
Johnson & Gandara, LLP in Tacoma, WA.  She has been with the firm for over 26 years.
Sue has served her professional association, ARMA International, for the past 18 years in
all levels of governance, culminating in three years of service on the International Board
of Directors.  In October of 2014, Sue was honored to have received ARMA International’s
Distinguished Service Award presented in San Diego, CA. She currently serves as Chair of
the Board of the Puget Sound Chapter of ARMA and was a member of the 2015-2016
ARMA International Election Management Task Force.