From:
Ben Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2016 12:33:31 -0400
Hello,

We all know to keep employee files/data for x years after termination.
However, in the case that an org has a retiree program that can span from
the age of 55 until death (and by the way the retired employee can begin
the program anytime after retirement), this throws a wrinkle into getting
rid of the retired employees personal data (i.e., address, salary, DOB,
etc.).  In this case, it appears that the only thing to do is maintain data for
that subset of the employee population that retires after age 55 and is
eligible to take advantage of the program anytime thereafter.  I can't purge
all former employee data x years after term.

Welcome any thoughts from those who may have faced a similar issue.

Thank you,

Ben Greene, CRM
Minneapolis, MN