From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2016 12:51:42 -0500
Dr. Bailey makes the point for why it is critical for an information
governance program to define "backup" and "archive". In addition, the
information governance program should clearly define vital records and the
means used to protect those records. I would suggest that what he describes
would meet the criteria of an "archive" copy in the way that I generally
look at archive copies. They serve a purpose as a backup, but are generally
a snapshot that is retained in accord with a retention schedule (in this
case, "permanent"). They are generally not rotated or refreshed.

Patrick Cunningham, CISM, FAI