From:
Christine Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:04:01 -0400
I work for the Joyce Foundation in Chicago as its records manager.

We use Concur to manage expense reports, travel receipts and the like.  The documents sit
on Concur's servers, not ours.

Our records retention schedule says that expense reports are to be destroyed after seven
years.  Concur, however, says that its policy is to keep client records through the life of the
contract.  At the end of the contract, Concur returns client records to the client and destroys
any copies that it has.

Upshot:  Concur holds travel records well beyond our retention period.

I know (now) that records destruction should have been part of our contract at the onset.  I
also was told (by Concur) over one year ago that customers other than me have asked for
record retention functionality and that it is in the works.

Have any of you heard (from Concur or anyone else) that they are making progress on this?
I will contact Concur directly, but also appreciate any information that you may be willing to
share.

Thanks,

Chris Martin
Records manager