From:
Carolyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:03:08 +0000
Hello list members,

We are working on an expansion of our policies and I would be very appreciative if anyone was willing and able to share their policies in the following areas:

- disposition

- legal holds

- storage and preservation (in particular, shared drive management)

- records of board & committee members and other records "not in the custody or control" of the organization - both internal boards and intergovernmental boards & committees

- email management (in the absence of email management software)

- information security

Email filing and retention is a thorny problem I have been turning over in my mind for some time: whether saving to a file share, even if that is best practice without an email management system, is a realistic expectation of users (I think no) and therefore, why make that the policy? versus management within Outlook, bucket retention rules, or even a Capstone approach...?  I am interested to see how others are handling it if you would like to comment.

For context, I work for a First Nation government in Canada so we are not private sector although the "public" we serve is only citizens of the First Nation.  Only 130 employees.

Many thanks for any samples you can share and/or your input!

Best,

Carolyn Harris

Information and Records Management Administrator
Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Email: [log in to unmask]