From:
"David Kay, MLS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2010 21:06:18 -0400
This is a really interesting conversation, and it makes me wonder
about all the hidden metadata that will be stored on the "cloud."
While all those clouds may be siloed, the owners or service providers
(or specifically their machines) will conceivably have access to all
the data.  So if Amazon provides cloud services for the government,
they will have lots of extraneous info too.  And Microsoft seems to
have interesting ideas for the future as well.
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/05/video-microsoft-attempts-to-predict-the-future/

If they store all this data on the cloud as efficiently as possible,
how will we know that the records or digital assets (or their
metadata) haven't been compressed or encrypted or compromised in some
way before it's too late?

David Kay, MLS