From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:56:12 -0400
E-records survey forms « Practical E-Records

We recently began a major initiative to test my so-called “Practical
E-Records Method.”  The project requires a  rapid analysis of electronic
records created by a major professional association, the American Library
Association.  The records in questions are managed in multiple systems and
are produced or managed by multiple constituencies, including staff,
committees, and member groups.  Based on an analysis of the records
environment and a survey of electronic records available both on line and
off line, we will be making recommendations for a Digital Archives Program
and/or software or services that can be used to support such a program.

We conceptualize this as a modified records management operation: examine
the records, interview records creators, understand filing systems and
technologies, then make appraisal, storage, processing and access
recommendations.  In the end, several options will be provided to ALA.

http://bit.ly/9OZv9W

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va