From:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2011 06:50:23 -0800
 “The RIM Road Not Taken,” Mike Miller, PhD, CRM, CA – ARMA Metro Maryland  11//9/11 Dinner Meeting  - LAST CALL!!

Time:  Wednesday, November 9 : Networking – 6:00 PM, Dinner – 6:30 PM, Presentation – 7:30 PM

Location:Amalfi Ristorante Italiano,
12307 Wilkins Avenue, Rockville, Maryland 20852, 301-770-7888

Program:Two divergent approaches to Records & Information Management (RIM) practice were apparent at the recent ARMA conference, and I was sorry I could not travel both.  Robert Frost’s poem came back to me as I tried to make sense of the myriad insights and practices presented at the annual ARMA International Conference this year at Washington National Harbor.  Individually, the two approaches each made sense, but when viewed from a holistic perspective, they didn’t.  So how does one choose the right road and practices for an organization?  That is what this presentation will be about – creating the vision that identifies the RIM road to follow.

Speaker: Mike Miller, PhD, CRM, CA is Director of RIM Consulting at Array Information Technology.  Previously, Mike had a 35-year career in Federal archives and records management, including stints with NARA (Modern Records Program Director), EPA (National RM Program Director), FBI (Chief, Records Automation Section), and RIM consulting.  Other activities include teaching records management at the University of Maryland and Drexel University, serving on various Archives and RIM professional committees, and RIM speaking engagements throughout the nation. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-miller/b/268/933

Menu:Dinner will include house salad and soft drinks and your choice of one entree: Eggplant Parmigiana, Chicken Amalfi, Mussels, or Lasagna. Cash bar will be available. Please make sure to choose your entree when you register.

Reservations Required: Please RSVP by 5:00 PM Monday, Nov. 7 by responding to your on-line invitation or visiting On-line Registration at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2404172946.  No refunds for cancellations after Monday, Nov. 7, 5:00 PM.

Cost:Online registration with credit card, $35 for ARMA members and $40 for non-members. For questions regarding registration, please send message to [log in to unmask] All registrations are pre-paid. We cannot guarantee the availability of meals or seating for walk-ins. No credit cards will be taken at the door.

Directions:From MD 355, follow Twinbrook Parkway east. Turn right at the second light onto Parklawn Drive. Turn right at the second light onto Wilkins Avenue. Amalfi is on your left, approximately 1/8 mile.