Sender:
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:09:19 -0500
From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Well now I feel compelled to weigh in.

"Film costs more in the long run"

What are you basing this statement on?

I would say to the person who originally asked the question...

First of all, analyze the application.  Compare the costs, the real costs,
and the benefits associated with each system.  You know there are those who
continually jump on these type issues touting new technology as "always" the
best solution to every situation.  That just isn't necessarily the
case...not only in our industry...but in any industry/business.  You know
when new technology, and resulting innovations, appear it is often an
immediate assumption that the "current" technology therefore becomes
obsolete...and useless...no longer needed.  That isn't necessarily true
either.  Often the new technology isn't an "across-the-board" replacement.
Again, it depends on "application."  So I encourage the person who
originally asked the question to focus on their "needs" and not simply on a
"technology."

Hey, I've been recovering from the rath of IVAN...but I needed a $170 gas
powered chainsaw in the aftermath....not a $500 electric table saw!

;-) My .02 cents

Gus
Univ. of West FL