Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:07:58 -0400
In a message dated 10/21/2004 8:29:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Gregory Wrighton <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Can someone post how to turn on Digest mode or advise how to get the welcome
>email again - yes I have lost mine through a PC crash.

really its quite simple, first you can always search the listserv archives for messages beginning with ADMIN in the subject line.

We periodically post the subscription management instructions for setting accounts to nomail, mail, digest and unsubscribing.

secondly you can save this posting to your harddrive. If you use MS Outlook as your email client you can drag and drop this message from Outlook to a folder on your harddrive. This saves the message as a .MSG file. As such it does not require Outlook to be up and running to open it

FINALLY you can memorize the following

1 to change your listserv setttings or to unsubscribe send a message (with a BLANK subject line) to;

(Now you can add this address to your email client address book also)

2. in the body of the message put one of the following command lines

for digest use

SET RECMGMT-L DIGEST

for nomail use

SET RECMGMT-L NOMAIL

to reset your subscription to receiving individual messages use

SET RECMGMT-L MAIL

to unsubscribe from the listserv use

UNSUB RECMGMT-L

you will receive a confirmation message in return

IF you receive a message from the listserv saying that you are not subscribed, but you are then your IT folks changed your email address sometime in the past from what you subscribed under. The listserv only recognizes the address you originally used in subscribing to the list. Why? because computers are dumb. If this is the case send the listadmins (using the address [log in to unmask]) your original email address and your new one. we will then unsub your old address and resubscribe you using the new address. (its a magic trick known only to the listadmins)

thank you and I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

pa

--
Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va