Sender:
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:17:41 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
CITY of Henderson Chooses State of the Art Imaging Solution; Takes ...
Emediawire (press release) - USA
... Additional services include hard copy records storage and certified
destruction, web access, and records retention consulting services. ...
<http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/10/emw169906.htm>

ATTORNEY general gets UMass spat
The Republican - Springfield,MA,USA
... 2 by Alan N. Cote, supervisor of records with the state's public records
division, ordered the university to turn over the records to the Student
Government ...
<http://www.masslive.com/metrowest/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-7/109834493879740.xml>

DOCUMENT Destruction a Business Necessity
Oak Brook Business Ledger - Oak Brook,IL,USA
... We tailor it to whatever they want.". Some document destruction companies
offer advice on what records should be retained, while others do not.
<http://www.thebusinessledger.com/Articles.asp?artId=626&isuID=28>

62 tapes in case against fire marshal in vault, lawyer says
Billings Gazette - Billings,MT,USA
... that a permanent order against the destruction of the tapes was not
necessary because they have been secured in safe deposit boxes. Court
records filed by ...
<http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2004/10/21/build/local/55-marshal-tapes.inc>

SCOTT County using cutting-edge, record-saving techniques
Quad City Times - Davenport,IA,USA
... warehouse; less employee time needed to physically hunt down records
in a ... Patrick Ryan of Secure Document Destruction, Davenport, said
the 1 million documents ...
<http://www.qctimes.com/interna l.php?story_id=1037697&t=Local+News&c=2,1037697>

LINCOLN Presidential Library Finally Opens to the Public
Library Journal - New York,NY,United States
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library, Springfield, IL, opened to the
public on October 14, after delays surrounding climate control and security
and ...
<http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA472520?display=NewsNews&industry=News&industryid=1986&verticalid=151>

GAGLIANO files were purged, probe told
The Globe and Mail (subscription) - Toronto,ON,Canada
... "We went through the files one by ... however, was not asked to destroy
all the documents related to ... was taken aback by the revelation that records were destroyed ...
<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20041021/GOMERY21/TPNational/Canada>

CONSTABLE REFUSES DISCLOSURE OF AD DATA
Tyler Morning Telegraph - Tyler,TX,USA
... political statements. Geddie responded by delivering a stack of documents
and Open Records requests to the newspaper offices. "I ...
<http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13189360&BRD=1994&PAG=461&dept_id=227937&rfi=6>

ARCHIVISTS yet to release Watergate papers
The Daily Texan - Austin,TX,USA
By Kathy Adams. Public release of Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein's Watergate
papers, some of which have been at the Harry Ransom ...
<http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news/2004/10/21/TopStories/Archivists.Yet.To.Release.Watergate.Papers-775534.shtml>

PRISON diary gives haunting holocaust view
IAfrica South African News - Cape Town,South Africa
... Every day we see freedom from behind barbed wire," Helga Deen wrote
in extracts made public on Tuesday by archivists in Tilburg, in the southern
Netherlands. ...
<http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/361421.htm>

MEMORIES as history
Boston Globe - Boston,MA,USA
... Project, which is based at the University of Massachusetts at Boston's
Graduate School of Education, and supported by the New England Archivists
Association. ...
<http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2004/10/21/memories_as_history>

OHA wins state archives award
Syracuse Post Standard - Syracuse,NY,USA
The Board of Regents and the state archives present this award annually
to an organization in New York state that exemplifies excellence in an
archival program ...
<http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-18/1097918119105990.xml>

BOARD takes possession of its records
Monroe Times - Monroe,WI,USA
... himself or Krebs. All township records are public documents and, under
Wisconsin law, available to the public. Krebs said township ...
<http://www.themonroetimes.com/o1021way.htm>

SHRIVER Makes Calif. History Museum PC
NewsMax.com - West Palm Beach,FL,USA
... It's not immediately clear how the directors will "make sure" state
archives are "still displayed prominently" while transforming the museum
into a girl's place ...
<http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/21/120148.shtml>

A closer look at electronic voting machines
Roanoke Times - Roanoke,VA,United States
... They also demonstrated the machines' ability to keep electronic records
of each individual ballot cast, called a "ballot image," which can be
printed out ...
<http://www.roanoke.com/columnists/gottstein/12574.html>

CARRIE'S Love Letters
Platte County Sun News - Liberty,MO,USA
... Park University Archivist Carolyn Elwess said she discovered the letters
in the archives in 2001. "I opened a box and there they were," Elwess
said. ...
<http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1452&dept_id=155076&newsid=13172494&PAG=461&rfi=9>

GI Bill connects to NC State
The North Carolina State Technician - Raleigh,NC,USA
... The archives is a ... the history of NCSU, we have a wealth of documentation
on the impact that the GI Bill had on this campus," Todd Kosmeric, NCSU
archivist, said ...
<http://technicianonline.com/story.php?id=010362>

--
Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA