Sender:
From:
Patti Kraatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:43:19 -0400
John wrote "since it's Friday, Halloween and quiet....."
Quiet? Finance theme was Monopoly (what else), every workstation a
different street and fake money everywhere. GO sign at the elevators,
policeman at the door and Mr Chance lurking about.

IT decorated their workstation in coloured mini lights (Las Vegas theme).
Cards strewn on the floor, a Chapel of Love sign in CD-ROM's, a bar with
rootbeer, gaming table. The manager was 70's Elvis complete with white
jumpsuit. I was a tad concerned the system might crash but I'm still
online.

Legal was the Beverly Hillbillies with seement pond, cardboard truck
(bicycle tires for wheels), rocking chair on top. There was Jethrene,
Jethro, 2 Ellie Mays and Granny who chased everyone out with a broom.

Our division dressed as ghouls and toured the other floors dancing to
"Thriller". On our floor all the lights were off,  reception was ceiling to
floor webs with creepy crawlies (freaked me out frankly). We had strobe
lights, drain covers (ala the video where the ghouls came from), a
flapping, red-eyed bat to greet you, a witch on the front door who rattles
when you enter, tombstones and a screaming welcome mat.

Sounds like you should come down from Ottawa next year for something less
quiet.

Patti Kraatz
Information Management & Archives
Region of Waterloo
Kitchener Ontario

             "Gervais, John"
             <John.Gervais@CCR
             A-ADRC.GC.CA>                                              To
             Sent by: Records          [log in to unmask]
             Management                                                 cc
             Program
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             UFL.EDU>                  OT - Halloween

             10/29/2004 10:34
             AM

             Please respond to
                  Records
                Management
                  Program
                 UFL.EDU>

Since it is Friday, Halloween and quiet.  Did anybody dress up today at
work? To keep the records theme going so I don't get into trouble (smile),
was interested  the origins of Halloween and looked it up.  It is quiet
interesting.
Question:  What do you get when you cross a were-wolf with a drip-dry suit?
Answer:  A wash-and-werewolf
Happy Halloween!

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Policy and Standards Section
Information Policy and Governance Division
Intergovernmental and International Affairs Directorate
Policy and Planning Branch
Canada Revenue Agency
25 Nicolas Street, 16th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5