Sender:
From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:32:14 -0800
Well, like New Year's resolutions and predictions, it's that time of year.
ARMA will be sending out election ballots for the 2005 Board of Directors
(BOD) sometime within the next few days.  I strongly encourage everyone that
receives a ballot to vote.  And if you are a member and haven't received
one, contact ARMA Headquarters.

This is your opportunity to shape the direction of ARMA in the coming years.
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), increased litigation and the growing volume of
electronic records are, in my opinion, providing more opportunities for
records managers than ever before.  I know that more companies (such as my
current employer) are seeking professional RMs and willing to pay them
accordingly.  But, among other things, we need strong leadership from the
BOD to promote our profession and make it visible on both the national and
international scenes.

We have what I feel are a good group of candidates this year.  If you aren't
familiar with them and/or their positions, I strongly suggest you visit
ARMA's website at: http://www.arma.org/news/index.cfm?NewsID=209
<http://www.arma.org/news/index.cfm?NewsID=209&Type=ARMA> &Type=ARMA.
Hopefully we'll see a much higher turnout this year; last year's was a
paltry 17%, if I remember correctly.   We can do better than that.

Vote early, vote often, and make a difference.

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP

Records Manager

Sempra Global

619-696-4671

619-696-3104 - Fax

619-952-7145 - Cell

"Sempra Global is not the same company as the utility SDG&E or SoCal Gas,
and Sempra Global is not regulated by the California Public Utilities
Commission."