Sender:
From:
Patti Kraatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:30:23 -0500
In our EDMS system, we will be removing delete capability from end-users
and place it under RIM control. End-users will only have a "qeue" for
deletion option (we'll add a comment box for them to add the reason e.g.
retention reached). We'll run a yearly "qeue" report and notify appropriate
staff who must then approve our deleting documents. FYI: for audit purposes
the EDMS Profile, containing file name, content, series, retention, author
etc., remains, it's only the actual document which is deleted.

We'd like to do use an electronic approval form where various levels of
management only forwards the form to the next level and subsequently us
only if they approve.

Does anyone have a policy and/or methodology for using electronic approvals
for deleting electronic records? Do you foresee any issues (perhaps legal)
in doing it electronically?  NOTE:  we'd still want staff to submit paper
disposal forms for the paper records (the official record).

Many thanks in advance!

Patti Kraatz
RIM Technician, Information Mgmt & Archives
Council & Administrative Services
Regional Municipality of Waterloo