Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:33:47 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:59:25 -0700, Rich Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Gartner Urges Caution Before Downloading Firefox
>
> Although the open-source Firefox browser may be gaining ground on
> Internet Explorer, there could be bumps in the road ahead for the
> upstart, according to Gartner Inc. analysts.
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,99685,00.html?nlid=PM

lot of caveats in the article "if MS does this..." and "what if MS
does this" not saying MS wouldn't but they have been a longtime coming
to release Longhorn and I notice that the only just now released
tabbing for IE after Firefox came out. Competition breads innovation.
And finally MS is facing competition with regards to browsers. What
Gartner is reporting was also reported in several other articles late
last year. Yes folks will start to target FF as it becomes more
popular, but I suspect that the FF community will be quicker to
respond than has been MS

peterk