Sender:
From:
Helen Tibbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:57:49 -0500
Archivists & Records Managers!
Time to start working on those proposals!!!!! 2005 Application and
guidelines now posted. Submission date: June 17, 2005.

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Electronic Records Fellows program, a collaboration of the School of
Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at
Chapel Hill and Duke and UNC University Libraries, is looking for its second
class of Fellows! The 2004-2005 Fellows, Nancy Kunde, Helen Samuels, Rebecca
Schulte, and Druscilla Simpson are well underway with their projects and
will present results at SAA 2005. Presentations from the 2004 symposium held
at UNC where the 2004 Fellows introduced their projects are now on the
website (http://www.ils.unc.edu/nhprcfellows).
Again this year we are seeking archivists and records managers -or teams of
archivists, records professionals, and academics-with an interest in
studying some aspect of electronic records to apply for these
non-residential Electronic Records Research Fellowships. We will be funding
4 -$15,000 research fellowships this year. Please visit our website at
http://www.ils.unc.edu/nhprcfellows for more information. This year's
submission date is June 17, 2005. We will make funding announcements in late
July and the 2005 symposium will be held at Duke University in Durham, NC.
*       You need not have fully-formed project at this time; we can help you
turn your idea into a proposal.
*       This fellowship is primarily for working archivists, but as
mentioned above, archivists and academics can team up on a project.
*       Recipients must be US citizens.
Please contact Helen Tibbo at [log in to unmask] or Paul Conway at
[log in to unmask] if you wish to discuss a possible project.
. This program is based on a previous one in Massachusetts; you can see the
work of their fellows at
http://www.masshist.org/fellowships/fellows.cfm?fellowship=nhprc.

-Helen

Dr. Helen R. Tibbo, Professor
School of Information and Library Science
201 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Tel: 919.962.8063
Fax: 919.962.8071