Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:16:55 -0600
From:
Charis Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
I'm passing along the following information.  Please don't contact me for
information, as I am in no way connected to the hiring process. The
information was forwarded to me because of my work as adjunct faculty with
the university.

Your best bet, if you have additional questions, is to contact HR at the
university or their archivist, Steve Fisher, at [log in to unmask]

Use this link to apply.
https://www.dujobs.org/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1119457229833

   Position Information – University of Denver

   Job Title      University Records Manager

   Posting Hiring Range       minimum of $48,000, salary will be
   commensurate with experience

   Work Schedule (Days & Hours)     M-F

   Department     Penrose Library

   Job Summary    To plan, implement, and manage a campus-wide program to
   identify and schedule actions for University records, including paper
   and digital records. Actions may include retention, destruction, or
   deposit in the Archives according to University policies and appropriate
   local, state and federal laws. The University Records Manager reports to
   the Dean and Director, Penrose Library, and works in collaboration with
   the Director of Institutional Compliance and Internal Audits, and the
   Vice Chancellors for University Technology Services, and Financial
   Affairs.

   Preferred Qualifications   Certified Records Manager status (CRM), with
   a minimum of 3 years records management experience in higher education.

   Minimum Qualifications
   These qualifications refer to education and/or experience.     M.B.A. or
   M.A. degree in History, Library and Information Science, or related
   field from accredited university. Graduate level coursework or training
   in Records Management and Archival Procedures. Experience with
   developing office contacts, surveying offices, and creating retention
   schedules; knowledge of relevant state and federal laws pertaining to
   university records, such as FERPA and HIPAA.

   Required Qualifications
   These qualifications are mandatory in order to perform the functions of
   the job (i.e. valid drivers license, certifications.)    Ability to work
   with all academic levels, including administrators, faculty, staff, and
   students. Experience writing and implementing records management
   policies; Familiarity with automated systems for bibliographic control
   of college or university records. Knowledge of web applications for
   archives, legal issues governing university records, electronic records
   management and digital preservation issues.

   Must be service-oriented, flexible, and possess excellent interpersonal,
   oral, and written communication skills as well as the ability to work
   effectively and creatively in a highly collaborative, service-oriented
   environment.

   Job Open Date  06-20-2005

   Job Close Date       Open Until Filled

   Job Category   Staff