Sender:
From:
BAXTER Terry D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:54:26 -0700
*Please excuse crossposting*

October 8-16, 2005 is officially proclaimed as the second annual Oregon Archives Week by Governor Ted Kulongoski. According to Layne Sawyer, Acting State Archivist and spokesperson for Archives Week, "This year we will be celebrating archives as 'Landscapes of Discovery,' emphasizing the significance of historical documents throughout the state. Oregon has numerous archival facilities and services waiting to be discovered and we want the public to know about them."

Oregon libraries, historical societies, museums, government record repositories and other historical organizations will be sponsoring activities during these nine days including open houses and workshops. To view the calendar of events for Oregon Archives Week please go to http://my.calendars.net/pnwarchivists.

For more information about Oregon Archives Week, visit http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/oaw/. Please call (503) 373-0701, ext. 239 for further information.