Sender:
From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:51:16 -0700
Back in September there was a somewhat lively discussion on the listserve
about an article that PK posted on RAIN titled "Top 5 Strategic Email
Compliance Mistakes."
(http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0509d&L=recmgmt-l&F=&S=&P=8555)

Well, just so happens our friends in Lenexa decided it was newsworthy and
published in the October 2005 NewsWire.  If you haven't received a copy,
believe you can find it on ARMA's website.

I am wondering whether their goal was to give this guy some credibility.
Maybe the idea was in the name of fairness it was a good idea to publish a
different point of view.  I have a hard enough time convincing my IT and
management that there is not solution to managing e-mail.  Then this article
pops up in an RM publication, essentially saying "hey guys, don't listen to
your records manager."  I'd be interested in knowing the reasoning for
including it.

Anyway, ARMA has a golden opportunity, representing the RM profession, to
right what I consider an error and challenge the author's position on e-mail
management in public.  Let's hope they do the right thing for all of us.

My two cents for what it is worth...

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP