Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:06:45 +1100
From:
"Gerard J. Nicol" <[log in to unmask]>
Peter,

I think perfection is a little unrealistic, nobody offers perfection in what
they do.

What is missing is an acknowledgement of the problem, and a commitment to do
better.

If you look at the latest Live-Vault video staring John Cleese you will see
that this Iron Mountain partner describes the process of offsiting tapes as
"Amish".

I have never seen an Amish employee delivering tapes, perhaps Iron Mountain
use them and this is what has caused the problems they have experienced.

Most of us who make our living out of storing and protecting offsite data
are committed to striving for perfection, but unfortunately some vendors
just think they know it all, and see the subject as a joke.

Gerard