Sender:
From:
Laura Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:57:18 -0500
Larry Medina said that " However, in the recently issued GRS 27, Item 5
"CIO Committee Records"
includes reports, and says they are to be destroyed after 5 years."

Could GRS 26 "Temporary Commissions, Boards, Councils and Committees"
also apply - as in relation to article 2 - Records created by Advisory
Commissions, Committees, Councils, Boards and Other Groups established
under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA).  Among other files
article 2 says that the records include one copy of reports, studies,
pamphlets and other publications for the commission as well as
significant public affairs files."  These are listed as permanent.

I suspect is it what Mr. Medina said that the disposition will be
determined on the content, usage and agency generating the information.

Ms. Laura F. Bell
DOT Directives & Records Management
Office of the Secretary of Transportation
202-366-9761