Sender:
From:
Mark Widner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:56:28 -0600
With a major roll-out and change in technology and culture we held
information sessions and then training, 2 separate functions with
different purposes.  The information sessions were held to communicate
the coming change to make the transition easier and build support.
Training is hands-on, classroom-based or desktop, and on-going.  A
policy was also developed, approved and is covered in training.  The
system was built under the guidance of 21CFR Part11 which states in
part, that all users of the system need to be trained.  After system
users complete training, they are added to appropriate security groups
and have access to the system.  So the federal code and policy authorize
the training, and users need the training to access the system.  This
works very well. People call or e-mail and request to be trained, some
even sit-in on a class a second time to brush-up on their skills.

Training covers the user responsibilities as well as how to use the
system.  The policy and user guide are available on-line along with many
tools and links to other systems.

I noticed you mention Records Coordinators. There are about 40 Records
Coordinators that can also perform desktop training.  We held special
"train-the-trainer" classes prior to system roll-out so they were
qualified for this task.  There have been around 1200 people trained
since rollout 3 years ago.  I also continue to hold quarterly meetings
with the Records Coordinators.

And last, top level (executive) briefings were held in conference rooms.
Although a presentation was planned, executives were interested in
seeing the real thing.  RM & IS conducted live demonstrations and
answered questions on the fly.

Mark Widner, CRM
Technical Records Manager
General Mills R&D