Sender:
From:
Rick Barry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:28:38 EST

As you probably know, 15489 was modeled on the Australian AS-4390 standard.
For example, 15489 Part 2, Section 3.2 "Design and Implementation of a Records
 System," is an 5-page (highly condensed) version of Part 2 of the Australian
 DIRKS Manual
_http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/dirks/dirksman/contents.html_ (http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/dirks/dirksman/contents.html)
Thus, any info you can obtain on the use of DIRKS will also give you insights
into that part of 15489. There is a paper by Stephen Macintosh on the use of
DIRKS in designing a particular records system that has just been put up  on
mybestdocs.com, accessible from the home page, that I think you will  find very
interesting. I know that Stephen would welcome reactions to the paper  from you
and others on the list.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Barry
_www.mybestdocs.com_ (http://www.mybestdocs.com/)
Cofounder, Open  Reader Consortium
_www.openreader.org_ (http://www.openreader.org)

In a message dated 1/10/2006 12:02:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,