Sender:
From:
"Breeden, John B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:02:02 -0500

Steve Peterson wrote "No RIM people on the project and as I stated in my
last email I think that archival could work smoother if RIM is involved
early in the life-cycle."  This initiative sounds like they are asking some
of the right questions and I agree with Steve that RM needs to be heavily
involved.

Will any electronic records be here 100 or 200 years from now?  If
electronic records are identified as permanently valuable when the systems
are created, then IT/Records/Archives folks can select the most appropriate
software/media/formats/etc. to reduce the cost and difficulty of the
migrations to come.   Archivists who wait 'til the end will lose far more
than should have been lost and will pay far more for what they manage to
find and keep.

John B. Breeden, CRM
Agency Records Manager
Virginia Department of Transportation