Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:17:39 -0800
Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.expertclick.com/NewsReleaseWire/default.cfm?Action=ReleaseDetail&ID=11135

This appeared in RAIN on Xmas day, and others may have missed it as well.

I found the comments in here rather interesting. Essentially, the writer
raises the issue of the risks associated with allowing personal storage
devices into the workplace, and suggests employers consider this... then it
goies on to state if you're involved in e-discovery, make sure your
"order for production" consider the possibility of these devices and that
they are included.

Not a problem with my employer, we have VERY SPECIFIC rules regarding these
types of devices, and that doesn't mean someone CAN'T use one, but it does
establish the penalties for doing so.

So, anyone else either seeing the issuance of polices disallowing the
devices or discovery/production orders requesting these items be included?

Larry
--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA