Sender:
From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:16:48 -0700

What a great resource! I think this is my favorite ...

United States v. Stolba, 357 F.3d 850 (8th Cir. 2004).

A defendant's criminal sentence had been increased because he had
instructed his office manager to delete records that were proof of
fraudulent behavior. But the Appeal's court reversed because guidelines
require the fraudulent act to have taken place during an investigation;
in this case, the deletion of the files occurred before a formal
investigation had commenced.

So .... You can be a criminal, but just make sure you follow that
retention policy and hold process! ;-)

Nolene Sherman
Director of Records Management
Standard Pacific Homes
(949) 789-1668

Subject: Re: [RM] Retention Policy Saves the Day?

Nolene ... I joined a free service provided by Cricket Technologies that
sends out information on legal cases about once a month.  You have to
join.  Here's the web site for joining:
http://igdev.crickettechnologies.com/case_studies/search/index.php