Sender:
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 08:08:19 -0700
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
On 5/3/06, Pike, Heather <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Are any records managers outsourcing file conversion-- to have their
> artifacts microfilmed or for file conversion mf to digital, for instance?
> If so, I would appreciate the name of the vendor you are using (provided
> you are happy with their services).

In general, participants in the Listserv are encouraged to respond to the
entire list, however, in this case, I'd PERSONALLY like to discourage such

It's not usually a good idea to provide endorsements of vendors or service
providers publicly, especially if you're responding from an employer's
e-mail account, no matter HOW LARGE of a disclaimer statement your message
may have.

There are many qualified service providers out there that some of us may not
be familiar with that would be slighted by this and to provide them all an
opportunity to be considered, the responses should be sent privately to
Heather.

After all, with her working for a State agency, I'm sure she wouldn't want
to take the chance of excluding any small, disadvantaged, veteran, minority
or woman owned businesses from being considered or participating in the bid
process.

Larry

--
Larry Medina