Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 13:29:53 -0400
From:
Adam Herbst <[log in to unmask]>
This is a particularly good subject for discussion as it has come up in one
form or another at almost all of the firms where I have worked.  That being
said, the problem that I have always encountered has not been what gets done
(and I must admit that I am impressed with the amount that does get done)
but actually having the departing attorney assist with the departure.  At
that point, attorneys are short-timers and are not concerned with (as if
they ever are) assisting the records department.  Attorney non-compliance at
this stage often results in lots of material arriving at the door to the
records department without file instruction sheets.  This is very time
consuming.
Adam Herbst
Forrest Solutions