Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 11:04:39 -0700
From:
Doug Smith <[log in to unmask]>
"Robert L. Bailey" <[log in to unmask]> wrote

   Of course the records manager only plays a part after
the patient is dead.

  If that were the case, how did the information make it onto that wonderful card.  The records manager may not have taken any x-rays or performed any procedures on the patient, but was probably the one who conceptualized the card in the first place.

  Our role is providing ease and access of information retrieval and usage.  The records manager plays an important role in keeping many patients alive.

Doug Smith
Records Manager
Wiley Rein & Fielding LLP
1776 K Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20006
(202) 719-4455
Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily my employers.