Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 08:35:59 -0500
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
>>It would be wonderful to see a tool that determines ROI on a truly
paperless system - in other words, which focuses on the ROI on the
benefits of records keeping in an electronic environment, as opposed to
focusing primarily on the cost of media conversion/storage - or, as
opposed to a purely electronic system that does not take into account
records keeping requirements.<<

We use a tool that does about 99% of what you are asking.  It is called
Graham Process Mapping and is available from www.worksimp.com.  Using
the tool we can create a detailed business process chart that maps the
existing process, including all the metrics of cost and timing.  We then
create a new chart with the revised process.  Comparison of the two
provides an abundance of information including ROI figures.

I recommend it for anyone that is doing real process analysis.

Bill R

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota