Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 14:11:21 EDT
Here goes the roller coaster issue again! The cattle are on the loose. The
branding iron is in the fire.Time for another task force, another consulting
firm (although the same one may still be around) and we do have a staff
position  at HQ for the purpose. A listserve member has clearly stated the by-laws
meaning  of ARMA, subsequently supported by members of the Board. Now the
question  has been raised about the use of terms in our title. Administrators is
passe. So time for input as requested. Just to keep the hopper filling, let me
offer this:

ARMA, International --The Association of Records Mavens and Advisors.

Maven-an expert in about knowledgeable enthusiast of something (Microsoft
College Dictionary). This also takes care of our competencies concerns whether
they be mailroom or computer interface. The term "advisors" takes us off the
hook for responsibility.

As to the tagline--

ARMA, International - "The key to jail free management"
                                 "The successful approach to compliance"
                                  "It costs less to do it right"

TV Advertising. Between 5 and 7PM. Usually reserved for ads on remedies of
heart, liver, foot and other maladies- so a remedy for your records problems.
Or  advertising at sporting events -fast cars, fast foods, fast beverages and
fast  solutions to your problems.

Hope you all had a good holiday.

Bill  Benedon
.