Sender:
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:02:06 -0400
From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Size is entirely contingent upon user needs for the records and resources
that than be dedicated to such a program. Also, defining the role of the
program especially in relation to the IT, Legal, and Compliance will clarify
expectations and responsibilities. There's no harm in asking for everything
so long as it can be justified, and then work back down based on what
resources are made available to you to carry out the RIM program.

Best of luck,
Stephen Cohen

On 6/2/06, Wolfe, Rebecca <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was wondering about the average size of a records management
> department.  I work for a pharmaceutical company that has 3,500
> employees throughout eight different site locations and an outside sales
> force.  Over the last year and 1/2, I have assisted our consultant with
> the creation of the retention schedules and I have been placed in charge
> of our RM program without having any previous experience.  I am trying
> to convince our Company to hire an experienced Records Manager and was
> wondering if anyone could share the size of their department with me.
>
> Thank you,
> Rebecca Wolfe
> This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the
> attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the
> person responsible for delivering the E-mail to the intended recipient, be
> advised that you have received this communication in error and that any use,
> dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this communication is
> please notify the sender immediately.

Stephen E. Cohen, MLIS
Records Manager & Archivist
Work: [log in to unmask]