Sender:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:21:10 -0400
From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
In my experience, it is the records manager's charge to develop and draft
the schedules with active support from the units that will directly benefit
from it. From there, it usually passes on to Legal  (and possibly an
executive officer/committee) for official approval.

--Stephen Cohen

On 6/17/06, Mohd Azman Bin Kamarolzaman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There is a debate in an organization on who should review the draft
> Retention Schedule and what would be the right sequence of the review
> process.
> The parties involved in this argument are Internal Audit, Legal, Finance,
> Contract, Records Mgmt and User Dept.
>
> Can anyone suggest or share on who should be involved and what would be
> the most practical approach / reviewing process flow?
>
> Regards,
> Azman Kamarolzaman
> Email: [log in to unmask]

> Confidentiality Notice : This e-mail  and  any attachments  are
> confidential  to  the addressee and may also be privileged.  If  you are
> not  the addressee of  this e-mail, you may not copy, forward, disclose or
> otherwise use it in any way whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail
> by mistake,  please  e-mail  the sender by replying to this message, and
> delete the original and any print out thereof.

Stephen E. Cohen, MLIS
Records Manager & Archivist
Work: [log in to unmask]
Home: [log in to unmask]