Sender:
From:
Brian Pillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:10:09 -0500
We scan active personnel files for the City of Lincoln and County of
Lancaster here in Nebraska.
When new pages are scanned, we index by ssn and our software (Kofax)
automatically looks for the existing scanned image and adds the new
page(s).
In addition a log is created recording the ssn and scan date.  The paper
is not added to a file, it is stored in chronological order by scan date.
If a paper is needed for some reason, we look in the log to see the scan
date.
We write to CD once a year and destroy the paper after the CD is
completed.

My suggestion is to avoid the interfiling altogether.  If you make HR pay
for the service, it is still a waste of money.

Brian Pillard, CRM
Records Manager
Lancaster County Nebraska
(402) 441-6065