Sender:
From:
Susan Malay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:01:19 -0500
So....when a retention schedule requires that documents be purged, and
the documents are purged by the Records Manager according to the
published schedule, it's OK for others to complain about the purge?

Judges have the ability to influence retention requirements, as do the
clerks who administer the records. I agree that records should be
retained as long as useful, and setting the date for "usefulness" can be
a challenge. If records are not classified as permanent, it is
responsibility and obligation of the records manager to purge them when
their retention is reached. And based on the Kentucky statutes, those
records had reached their retention.

Susan