Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:24:58 -0600
From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/15/07, Venette, Suellen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>You would think that company policies would require an annual training so
the company can make sure that we are aware of the >requirements associated
with their policies.

This makes sense, but most policies I've seen don't include any type of
requirement.  Typically its on the Records Manager's shoulders to convince
management that all employees need to attend RM type training.

In the example I cited earlier our Chief Compliance Officer, with the
support of the Corporate Compliance Committee, decided that training would
be mandatory with follow-up every two years.  New employees are required to
sit through the training within 60 days of start.  As a clarification to
Debi's question, each employee had to take a 10 question exam after
completing the training and a Certificate of Completion was placed in their
personnel file.

--
Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Houston, TX