Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:39:04 -0600
We looked at the Microsoft product  and it didn't make the downselect list
as we begin our ERM/ECM procurement.  The reasons were many  and included

Need to purchase Meridio to do complete RIM
MOSS only being able to manage items created in MOSS
New- didn't want to be guinea pig
Basic functionality only- Not very robust

 An example is that we have Foreign nationals that need access to
information but Sharepoint didn't allow for security at a document level-
higher level only.  So if you had 100 documents in a file and only 2
needed security from a foreign national standpoint -they couldn't see
anything in the file because security only can be applied at that level

The bottom line is that you  need to chose a solution (tool/set of tools)
that best fit your enterprise and in our case it wasn't Microsoft.

thanks

Steve Petersen CRM
Records Manager
Rockwell Collins Inc