Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:33:37 -0600
From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/26/07, Marion Sumerianlibrarian <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>i'm operating on the premise, however, that peter very much enjoys my
please note, for example, the intent of the message he originally posted on
this subject, which was to welcome opportunities for >stimulating
discussion, rather than ignoring alternative points of view.
Hey, join me in the same group as Peter.  I find some your postings to be as
entertaining and hilarious as our friend Don Saklad, to say the least.   But
we know upfront what Don's agenda is. I'm still trying to figure out yours,
although I am starting to get an idea fairly quickly.

>thanks to everyone for the much appreciated reality check. it seems we
still live in a highly undemocratic society where the free >exchange of
ideas is not honored.
There you go, whining about the listserve being undemocratic, poor thing.  I
have some good PepperJack cheese I can provide to you; just provide me your
address and I'll have it shipped out the next day.

As for me, well, I've been on this listserve on and off since its inception
years ago.  It is probably the most democratic forum I've been a part of.
Heck, you are still posting, so what are you crying about.  I think the
real problem is that others like me may not share your point of view.  So
the easy way out is to throw out the term "undemocratic."

You want to cry the word "undemocratic;" just speak to my brother-in-law or
others who lived on the other side of the wall during the Cold War.  They
have a right to; you don't.

>in any case, my evaluation of the overwhelming majority of rain postings is
that they are boring, as well as biased, but i have never stated >they
should be banned.
Biased, well that's your opinion of course.  But in today's politically
correct world any article written by anyone could be considered biased in
one form or fashion.   I've seen some RAIN articles that I don't agree with
but I wouldn't couldn't call them biased.  And I'll agree with you some of
them are boring.  But that doesn't mean they aren't informative, which is
the whole point of RAIN to begin with.

Many of us who have REAL jobs don't have the time to review every single
newspaper or search the web for RM/archive related articles.  That's what's
been so nice about RAIN; saves me time.  And if I don't see any articles
that interest me (which doesn't happen too often), I've learned to hit the
delete button.

>hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Thanks, I plan to.

--