Sender:
From:
Laura Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:04:08 -0400
Hey everyone I got this alert today,

ARMA International Board of Directors announced last fall that ARMA
International is preparing to petition the U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics to add a classification for records and information managers
in the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC). The United Kingdom
and Canada both recognize records and information managers. In the
United States, though, the only recognition of records management in the
SOC is under the major group of Administrative Services Managers, then
Office and Administrative Support Occupations. This puts records
managers in the same category as general administrative file clerks.

So our help is needed to send them our job descriptions.  Please forward
the information electronically to Bob Tillman <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
, ARMA International's Government Relations Director, by May 1. You may
also contact him with any questions at 913.217.6006.

This will help us too.

Ms. Laura F. Bell

DOT Directives & Records Management

Office of the Secretary of Transportation

202-366-9761