Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:03:44 -0700
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Guess what else works better with a flue...  FIRE.

(For some reason when I think "FIRE" I remember that movie with John
Travolta and Joaquin Phoenix.)

I hate paper.   Perhaps DACS has inadvertantly earned the Steve
Whitaker, CRM I Hate Paper Award !!    Lawrence 'Funky Cold' Medina
chairs the pertinent Award Committee.   Send your nominations to him.
Winners of the award receive a free amber-hued beverage at the ARMA
annual conference...; funded by the sponsor.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

On Oct 30, 2008, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> From:    WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Offsite Storage Box Stacking
>
> Regarding the telephone book analogy, note that many fire codes to
not
> allow the stacking of boxes directly on the floor and against an
> adjoining wall. I've been told by our fire folks that this is due
> to the
> danger of spontaneous combustion in certain conditions, and also
> because
> it restricts the flow of fire suppressants into affected areas.
Note,
> however, that I have never had a fire marshal complain about
> stacking on
> pallets against a wall. I

In the new sprinkler design that has proved remarkably effective, a
company by the name of DACS has created a product called fluekeeper
that ensures boxes leave a flu space at the side of compartment of
records for each grouping of boxes 3x3x3 or 3x3 x2.
<snip>