Sender:
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:43:50 -0600
A few weeks ago I posted a question regarding H.U.D. retention
requirements as they apply to Housing Authorities across the U.S.  I was
particularly interested to learn if there were any technology-specific
requirements (e.g. the use of WORM technology or any optical technology)
for records storage.  What I have learned thus far - from a sampling of
two authorities, is that the records management professionals in each of
the two are NOT aware and have not seen any such requirements.  While
some retention requirements may be quite lengthy - in the neighborhood
of 50 years - there appear not to be any requirements that mandate the
use of a specific technology.  Be forewarned, though... a sample of two
particular Housing Authorities is a pretty small sampling!

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+