Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2015 15:11:31 +0000
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
We use "archiving" as a holding area for data to be deleted.  It usually lives in the main database until its retention expires, then is moved to an "archive" on a different server in order to delete it.  Our big database applications (SAP/CIS and soon to be AssetWorks) do not have provisions for deleting directly from the database.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division