Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2016 11:04:59 +0000
From:
"Link, Gary" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Ashley,

You are spot on to keep them short with basic topics. You'll be surprised at how you can parse out the components of your RIM program into small parts.  I would suggest mostly trying to make the pieces information that staff can use in their daily work, information they need to know to carry out your best practices and comply with your procedures. Mix it up with some archives/history news once in a while, profile someone in your RIM department and how they help the university RIM program and wider staff. Also include a contact email for readers to send you questions that you can answer in a later piece. Keep a list of topics as you have started below that you continually add to, and always have two or three pieces drafted in advance. Once you get rolling, you will come up with more topics. I encourage you to start.

PS: I have started a DAILY blog of very short micro blogs doing the same thing as you are considering. Three weeks in and I'm still going. I've enlisted all of my co-workers to suggest topics from their areas of operation in our department. So wish me luck as you are developing your own articles.

Best,
Gary Link,

I am considering starting a RIM series in our staff newsletter. It goes out weekly, but I am not sure if I'm committed to putting something together every week and will probably start out less frequently (bi-weekly or monthly). Most staff and faculty have only a peripheral awareness of records management (if that), so I would like to start out with short, very basic topics that are applicable to all staff, regardless of their role. So far, I've come up with:

*         Transitory vs official records
<<

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may be considered a commercial electronic message under Canadian law or this message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US law. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages from PNC at http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/
PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com