Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2017 21:58:06 +0000
From:
Todd Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
There are several components to the solution you may be looking for: workflow with forms/approval, classification, and migration.  There isn’t necessarily a single product that delivers this complete solution, but you could do this with a combination of tools:
1) A custom workflow configured to allow selection of network folders, and management of the approval process through the various approval levels you identified. Depending on the platform you are migrating to, the tool may be available as part of it, or integrate well with it. One example of a robust electronic forms/workflow solution that can be configured by tech-savvy business users to accomplish the above is Nintex (www.nintex.com).
2) The most difficult part of a cleanup (with, or without destruction) is giving the business enough information about the documents to make decisions about them: destroy or migrate and if so, to where?.  It can be overwhelming when dealing with thousands of documents to make those types of decisions with no more metadata than the file properties, and without opening every document.  There are no magic auto-classification tools to do this.  Vendors such as IBM, OpenText, Haystac, and Adlib provide tools to aid in classification by allowing rules to batch similar documents together, but these can be successful only if carefully managed through a somewhat manual process.
3) Finally, the migration tool. This also depends greatly on the platform you are migrating to, as platforms support better integration with some suites over others, for example: a SharePoint platform might suggest a Metalogix, AvePoint, or ShareGate solution.
Hope this helps!

Todd Brown
713.554.7541 (direct)   |   713.664.4357 (main)   |   713.664.4825 (fax)
Access Sciences Corporation   |   1900 West Loop South   |   Suite 250   |   Houston, Texas   |   77027