Sender:
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 12:52:41 -0500
Comments:
To: RAINbyte <[log in to unmask]>, RECMGMT-UK <[log in to unmask]>
Records management has been compared to taking out the trash—no one likes
to do it, but if you don’t, the house will start to smell. “Keeping
information that you don’t need is a risk from a compliance and security
viewpoint,” says Firas Raouf, CEO of Everteam.

In addition, costs can be incurred when data from applications that are no
longer being used keeps on being maintained. “Sometimes companies continue
paying expensive license fees for applications that are dormant,” Raouf
says. “In these cases, the information needs to be reviewed, classified and
either migrated or deleted. Then the application can be decommissioned.”

The primary reasons for retaining data include:

http://bit.ly/2qiuJxD
http://bit.ly/2qiuJxD+

--
Peterk